Do We Share The Same Mindset?
You believe transparency speaks louder than promises.
Your organizationand precision with numbers fuels bottom-line accountability.
You’d rather do a job right – or not do it at all.
WORKPLACE / POSITION
We offer everything you would expect for a position of this nature – competitive wages, company paid travel, vacation, medical/dental benefits – along with the opportunity to be included in our performance-based employee shareholder program, with the potential for future succession company ownership.
HOW WE THINK & WORK...
We care about the success of our client’s business as if we own it. Our willingness as a team to share the unvarnished truth with each other, and our clients – is the driving force behind our ability to provide data and solutions that anchor trust. Everyone on our team demands accountability and will be the first to own a problem if it’s theirs, and yet in the same breath – we have each other’s back.
As a project estimator you are a key member of our inner circle. Someone we rely on daily to excel at providing the numbers and detailed information we live by, when it comes to leaving no room for doubt.
Across all our CPM Companies we’re bound by a common thread – a desire to see people and companies succeed.
- Taking the lead in preparing and sending out bid packages.
- Shopping different aspects of the job, confirming sub-trades and issuing PO’s.
- Confirming scheduling requirements for Subs during proposal process.
- Maintaining a knowledge of pricing fluctuations in terms of materials and sub-trades.
- Acquiring and ensuring lead times for project materials and phases.
- Financial tracking to ensure to ensure subs/vendors are charging as quoted.
- Reviewing and communicating any billing discrepancies with stakeholders.
- Application of industry software for construction plan mark-ups and notes.
- Ensuring change requests are procured accurately.
- Providing ‘scope of work’ change estimates, along with notes or supporting documents as needed
- Estimate of job schedule requirements depending on contract (insurance, training, safety protocols, etc.)
- 3-5yrs experience as a commercial construction estimator.
- In-depth understanding & knowledge of different types of documents that are required to prepare and implement proposal bids.
- Understanding of construction drawings/plans, and the ability to interpret based on cost analysis.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Suite (word, excel, project), and other construction specific software (Such as Bluebeam / Autocad).
- Knowledge of sub-trade & vendor procurement process.
- Solid track record of collaboration and communication with employees and project stakeholders.
- You must have reliable transportation to job-sites.
- Occasional travel may be required for some projects.
Our team exists for one reason
- to prove our worth as partners.
Carnahan Construction is a CPM Company that specializes in managing, planning and building Commercial, Hospitality, Restaurant & Multi-Unit Residential projects. Carnahan Construction is owned and managed by Jason Carnahan. Over the last couple of decades, we’ve proven there’s no substitute for investing in the right people. Just ask a lot of the people who have been part of our team for the last 5 -10 years.
STILL READING? WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU…
Send us a copy of your resume along with some of the most recent projects you have worked on as an commercial construction estimator.